The Steering Committee of our project “Nobel Peace Laureates mentoring youth to build an inclusive Europe” gathered in Brussels last week, 29-30 January, at the European Peer Training Organisation (EPTO) office, to evaluate the current stage of the project as well plan for the Pan-EU Conference to be held in November 2020.
First on the agenda, a visit to the Vrije Universiteit Brussel campus, where both the PeaceJam Conference in March and the Pan-EU Conference in November will be held. The morning included an informative presentation about the university and a tour around the campus facilities.
The rest of the afternoon and the following day were dedicated to:
- Local Implementation Updates & Challenges
- Risk Management
- Preparing for the Pan-EU Conference
- Peer Training
- The PeaceJam “Compassion in Action Curriculum” in National Education systems
- Project Impact Assessment and Evaluation
- As well as updates on Communication, Billion Acts of Peace and the PeaceJam Youth Team.
We thank all the project partners for their hard work and look forward to sharing more updates from their activities!
For more info and to register for the upcoming PeaceJam Belgium Conference in March 2020, head to: https://www.vub.be/peace-jam#home
If you would like to stay up to date with PeaceJam activities in any of our partner countries, visit the “Our Partners” tab at the top of the page.