The ‘One Billion Acts of Peace’ Campaign is an international global citizens’ movement designed to tackle the most important problems facing our planet.
Learn more about Billion Acts of Peace here!
- Education and Community Development
- Protecting the Environment
- Alleviating Extreme Poverty
- Global health and wellness
- Non-proliferation and disarmament
One example would be the Lifebag project which started in Greece and spread to schools in the UK, US, Belgium, and the Netherlands. Students from these schools worked together to fill backpacks with essentials, ship them to Greece, and distribute them to vulnerable children in the refugee camps. Find out more about the Lifebag project here and here!